The blind flange is used to close ends of piping systems. It is a kind of round plate with no center hold but with all the proper bolt holes. This blind flange is available in various sizes and materials and is used to provide positive closer on the ends of pipes, valves or equipment nozzles. This flange helps in easy access to a line once it has been sealed. The blind flange is sometimes custom made or machined to accept a nominal sized pipe to which reduction is being made.
Details of Blind flange：
1. Blind flange2. Stud Bolt 3. Gasket 4. Other flange
- Size: 1/2” to 60”, DN 12mm to DN 1500mm
- Pressure class: Class 150 to Class 2,500, PN 2.5 to PN 250
- Facing: RF / RTJ
- Cabon steel: A105, A350 LF2
- Stainless steel: A182 F304/F304L/F316/F316L/F321
- Alloy steel: F11, F12
Standards, Dimensions & Weight of Blind flanges:
Blind flange is put at the end of pipe or at the junction that would possibly be a future expansion into that direction.
Piping is easier to drill or weld at the construction stage. Once it was in use, drilling or welding will need prolong cleaning especially when the fluid transferred is combustible. For the mean of future extension, either the blind or valve would be used to seal the end.
Advantage of Blind Flanges
- A much more cost efficient way to seal a pipe when doing repairs
- Blind flanges are convenient to install
- They can save a good amount of time and money